Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Falling Slowly/With or Without You (11/08/09): A Tribute to my Leaves

Every Thursday, we take a look back at Kris' career via video!

This week's entry is inspired by the past two days which I have spent raking many leaves. The leaves in Virginia are beautiful, that is until they fall all over the place and you have to spend countless hours raking them in time for "leaf collection day" which is never a convenient day.

So what better song to pay tribute to those leaves to than Kris's debut performance of his mash-up of his Idol movie night classic cover of The Swell Season's Falling Slowly and U2's With or Without You. He first performed this at a Live in the Vineyard showcase in November 2009. Here's the official video posted by Live in the Vineyard:


Bonus goodie: For those who would like it, here's an mp3 of this particular performance.

I still can't believe I have never seen this live. Consider yourself lucky if you have; I'm very envious!
Now I am going to have a nice oaky chardonnay to commemorate this year's leaves falling slowly, and raking, which I certainly could live with or without.


No comments:

Post a Comment