Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Festival Concert: July 30, 2015: Ottauquechee Farm Songwriters Festival, Woodstock, VT


Screencap by @KrisAllenLists
Ottauquechee Farm Songwriters' Festival with
Public Concert

July 30, 2015

Ottauquechee Farm
Woodstock, VT

6:30 PM EDT


Show and List Preview:
I was asked if I would cover this festival thing that sprouted up and, reading the description, it does sound like just the thing Kris seems to need to get inspired to do some of the things with his career that I would like to see him do. I like that Charlie Peacock, his Horizons producer, is directing it. Most of it is private, but it does have a free public concert on Thursday, July 30.
Updated with media, limited set list info, and tweets from the retreat, plus a song snippet from his writing session with another artist, after the break...
Updated 12/30/2015

Pre-Show/Event Press and Publicity:
  • None - it's primarily a private event.
  • Event website 

Event poster



Retreat updates: Wasn't expecting any, but looks like Kris made a friend at songwriting camp! (A CCM singer-songwriter named Tauren Wells) According to this tweet, the song they wrote together may be called "I Can't Let You Go." Tauren, I like, because he posted this snippet of the tune!

Photo by @lornabrittany
Looks like the whole group sang My Girl around a campfire too!


The Show 7/30:

Photo by @iamfujimura

Set List (To be filled in more if info becomes available):
Media

Want to see Kris live? 
Check my calendar on the web version of this blog
 for full schedule; visit krisallenofficial.com/tour or
event/venue's website for tickets

6 comments:

  1. I completely understand your desire to be on hiatus. Perhaps you could put this blog and KAL Twitter acct on ice rather than close shop completely right now. Your presence is so important, especially when Kris tours.

    It must be difficult for an artist to feed and water a fandom used to constant attention and media presence. That level of pressure was not a major issue prior to Season8 and the simultaneous explosion of social media, especially the launch of Twitter.

    I often wonder how an artist balances the need to create music in peace, and to live one's personal life in privacy, with fan desire for transparency and non-stop production/social media presence. I remember the days when I would wait for the next album of a favorite band or solo artist. Sometimes it would take years, and fans would have little idea of what the delay was- label constraints, personal issues, creative block? It was often hard to know until the next record was released and an interview popped up in Rolling Stone.

    Kris is in a quiet season of his career. I'm creating space for him to be how he needs to be right now, and hope others will consider doing the same. I will be here for him when he resurfaces with new music and a way to share it with us.

    You have provided a very important source of support for Kris and his fan base. I hope you will take the time off you need and consider leaving the door open to a future return.
    With gratitude for your remarkable contribution, Kathy Heilig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything Kathy said. I guess we're spoiled by your diligence in keeping us all up to speed on Kris's career. I too hope this is a temporary hiatus but I understand your frustration. I also hate the thought of an ardent fan loosing interest but can see how that would happen. I always hold out hope that his music will someday be heard by hordes of people like it deserves to be. Always grateful, Linda aka mamacitabaja lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with Kathy and Linda. We really appreciate all of your effort and understand. I cannot imagine having Kris out of my life. He is such an inspiration to so many people. I too will be here for him when he resurfaces and am so excited on what he and his friends are creating. Thank you again for all that you do. It is greatly appreciated! Linda aka krismicklin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a great job with this blog. I always look here for any information on Kris Allen. Personally, no matter what phase that Kris is going through the, I will be a fan for life. I really do appreciate what you do with this blog and hope you Will consider continuing it. Thanks
    Ginny (angelp212>

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete