Thursday, October 17, 2013

Throwback Thursday: October 16, 2013: Little Kids Rock 10th Anniversary Gala, honoring Steven Van Zandt

Every Thursday, we usually take a look back at some point of Kris' career. Tonight is a special post though, because we are going to take a look back at one of my personal favorite events that he was ever involved in: the 10th Anniversary Gala for Little Kids Rock, held October 16, 2012, in New York City.

Tonight, as you may know, Little Kids Rock is holding its annual gala for 2013; this year, the honoree is the great Darlene Love. This is one of Kris' favorite charities and although he's not there tonight and is home making up mysterious mash-ups for us, I'm sure he would want you to check out the online auction to raise funds for Little Kids Rock! There are quite a few great items, especially if you are a Springsteen or a Modern Family fan, just saying!

As we all heard me go on last year, I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band fan, so an evening devoted to the music of Steven Van Zandt? Fantastic! Kris meets Bruce? Bucket List for fangirl me!

One of the highlights was the grand finale, which featured all of the performers doing a spirited and fun rendition of Southside Johnny's classic I Don't Want to Go Home (co-written with Mr. Van Zandt). So for our throwback Thursday video tonight, here's a video you probably missed of this performance, shot by Kris' friend Andy Davis:



In honor of Little Kids Rock and just because I love all of the performers from last year's event, I've updated our show post from last year from the event with videos for all performers (that I could find; if I missed any, let me know), plus interviews, acceptance speeches, blogs, mp3s and more goodies! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment