Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Idol Tour 2018: August 17 and 18: Kris Allen and the Idols play New Jersey!


Following their New York stop, the Idols continue on to New Jersey! Here's more information on these shows:

August 17: Mayo Performing Arts Center, Morristown, NJ - Videos but even better photos and scoopage!

August 18: Bergen Performing Arts Center, Bergen, NJ - Some good videos!

Coverage and info after the break. Both cities earn #gavegoodlist! The set list is here.


August 17: Morristown, NJ

Highlights for Kris fans
  • Merch! I have the Letting You In shirt and it's so soft!


  • Tons of photos and a few videos! Thank you @J9DH for sharing this album!
  • Tons of scoop from the VIP! Here's what I was DM'ed:

    Kris was sick and I could tell as soon as he started talking. I asked if he was sick and he said yes, that tends to happen on tours. I asked if his inspiration for the new song he played for us was a time when Katy was away and he was home caring for the kids without her and he said yes. He also said he doesn't like being alone and realizes how much she does for him and the family for him to do his job. He said she is better at it than he is! He said Oliver now has opinions on his music!! He likes the faster tempo songs. I told him Waves and Faster Shoes are my favs from Letting You In and he said Faster Shoes is Oliver's favorite too. He confirmed he is touring at Christmas and will be in NYC but couldn't discuss specific dates due to his IDOL tour contract. I asked what was his favorite type of venue to play and he said older theaters like the Beacon in NYC (which he said he hasn't played but wants to) that have the older, ornate decor. One other tidbit I forgot. Another woman asked who he kept in touch with from Season 8. He said it seems so long ago but Scott lives in Nashville so he sees him and I believe Anoop. He said he keeps in touch with Megan Joy (said she is really cool) and recently had coffee with Danny. He seemed much more energized when talking about his work since Idol and his family. I also asked about his comment years ago that he was told to never go more than 2 weeks without seeing his family. I thought Daughtry told him that but he said it was Lifehouse (I think? or The Fray? didn't tape it)KAL: It was definitely Daughtry. Anyway he said he tries to stick with that but is in the midst of a 3 week stretch which he said is WAY too long!

August 18: Englewood, NJ

Highlights for Kris fans

No comments:

Post a Comment