Sunday, October 19, 2014

Concert: October 21, 2014: The Southern Cafe and Music Hall, Charlottesville, VA


Promo Flyer by Team Kris

Solo Show

October 21, 2014

The Southern Cafe and Music Hall

Charlottesville, VA

Doors 7:30 PM EDT
Show 8 PM EDT


Opening Act: Andy Suzuki and the Method

All ages





Show and List Preview:
Oh how I wish I could go to this show as I graduated from UVA and adore Charlottesville. You've heard me rhapsodize about Virginia (I'm a native) and its love of great indie music before. I just took a road trip through rural parts of Virginia, listening to some fantastic college radio on the way, and it firmly reinforced my view that this is a state Kris really should build on his goodwill in. His music is a perfect fit.

Unfortunately I'm a grown-up now with a job and kids who have things going on, so no workday road trip to my beloved C-ville for me for this show. :( But I shall be following one of my favorite Kris fans, @MerryMary05 who is making the journey west on I-64 for this show! Yes, she's on the list.

It's also worth mentioning that this is a rare solo show for this Fall, and as such it will give us a longer set. Plus I've heard this venue is fantastic. I love that they have linked Horizons' Spotify stream and Kris' updated bio. Looking forward to following this one! (Admin. note - I will be getting home from all the said things going on late this night, so may not add people until showtime.)

Updated: Full set list, videos, two radio interviews and mp3 after the jump!


Pre-Show/Event Press and Publicity:
  • The flyer shown above plus tweets by Team Kris East, the local tourist bureau, the venue and the opening act
  • gooutcharlottesville.com post
  • This nice email from the promoter (yes, I subscribe to C-ville venue emails because I'm always looking for an excuse to get back there)

Photo by @WCNR the Corner
Kris performed In Time and Beautiful and Wild

The Ticket:
Photo by @MerryMary05




Soundcheck:
  • In Time
Set List: 


Photo by @MerryMary05
Meet and Greet

Show:
  1. Paul Simon/Young Love 
  2. Better With You
  3. Beautiful and Wild [YouTube]
  4. Chandelier/Stay With Me (Cover - Sia/Sam Smith mash-up) [YouTube] | [YouTube - partial]
  5. Don't Set Me Free [YouTube]
  6. Prove It To You [YouTube]
  7. Alright With Me [YouTube with In Time]
  8. In Time [YouTube] |  [YouTube with AWM]
  9. Monster/Rude (Original/Cover - MAGIC!) [YouTube]
  10. It's Always You [YouTube]
  11. Everybody Just Wants to Dance/I Want You Back (Original/Cover - Jackson 5ive mash-up) [YouTube - partial]
  12. Live Like We're Dying [YouTube]
  13. You Got a Way
  14. Shut That Door
  15. End of the Show [YouTube
Click here for MerryMary05's YouTube playlist


Want to see Kris live? 
Check my calendar below for full schedule; visit krisallenofficial.com/tour for tickets

After the Show:


No comments:

Post a Comment